Post-Graduate Work Permit

Foreign students who graduate from Canadian academic programs of at least eight months in duration can move from a study permit to a Canada post-graduate work permit. The period of validity of the Canadian work permit will depend on the length of study in Canada.

Students who completed an academic program between eight months and two years in duration may receive a Canada post-graduate work permit for up to the same period of validity as their Canada study permit.

Students who have studied on a valid Canada study permit for more than 2 years may receive a three-year Canada post-graduate work permit, regardless of the period of study.

The application for this permit must be submitted within 180 days from the time the applicant receives confirmation  from their school that they have completed their academic program. The study permit must have been valid at some point during these 180 days.

The main advantage of this type of work permit is that it is an open work permit that does not require a job offer in order to meet the requirements.

There are some cases where individuals may not be eligible for a Post-Graduate Work Permit, such as participation in specific programs, being part of a distance learning program, or having received funding for your studies from certain sources.

Contact us today to see how we can help your Canada post-graduate work permit.